The Carers UK State of Caring Report 2015 highlights the impact caring can have on people's health. Of the 4,500 carers surveyed:
- The vast majority (82%) reported that caring has had a negative impact on their own health.
- 84% said they felt more stressed and 78% more anxious as a result of their caring role.
- More than half (55%) reported that they have suffered from depression.
- Nearly half (47%) said they struggle to maintain a balanced diet.
- Four in ten (41%) have experienced an injury or their physical health has suffered.