Our approach to funding
The type of work we currently fund
Once a specific funding programme is announced you can apply at any time before the stated closing date. We review applications based on the date they are submitted, so the earlier you submit an application, the sooner it will be assessed. Please note, applications will not be accepted after the closing date.
The type of work we currently do not fund
- work that does not fall within the scope of the Bupa UK Foundation's charitable purposes
- work that is not clearly aligned with the stated funding priorities of or criteria for a specific funding programme
- projects delivered outside the UK
- long-term projects and initiatives – we expect the vast majority of projects funded by the Bupa UK Foundation to be delivered within 12 to 18 months
- work being delivered by local authorities or housing associations
- work which might reasonably be eligible for funding from statutory bodies
- general awareness and information campaigns
- sponsorship of or attendance at meetings, events and conferences
- fundraising appeals, including requests for contributions to capital or equipment costs
- unrestricted funding for charities or other organisations
- educational bursaries or grants for university or postgraduate education, school trips or projects, gap year or elective year projects
- academic research, including funding for educational or research posts
The Bupa UK Foundation is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
Company registration number: 9524970. Registered office: Bupa, 1 Angel Court, London EC2R 7HJ.
Registered with the Charity Commission for England & Wales. Charity number 1162759.